CTP Curriculum & Exam
- Using corporate cash efficiently and ensuring a company's ability to meet financial obligations
- Establishing systems to reduce non-earning cash balances while providing adequate liquidity
- Optimizing "cash conversion cycles" and "float"
- Obtaining short- and long-term borrowed funds in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Using credit facilities to fund corporate cash shortages
- Monitoring and controlling exposure to interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk
- Employing technology to streamline the cash management process
- Building domestic and international banking relationships to support global business objectives
- Understanding the impact external variables have on cash management
Course fee includes the most recent printed edition of and online access to the AFP Treasury Learning System. Cost of study materials is non-refundable once the materials are distributed.
Whatever your learning style, you'll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence with the AFP Treasury Learning System. The learning modules (available in print or e-reader format) provide an in-depth exploration of the complete content of the Body of Knowledge tested on the CTP exam in a concise, easy-to-understand format. Plus, visit the online learning center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- SmartStudy tool – create a personalized study plan based on experience and pre-test score
- Tests – more than 850 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Case study – featuring real-life scenarios and questions to apply your knowledge
- Practice exam – presented with a timing feature and other functionality to emulate the CTP certification exam
- Online Resource Center – includes only or printable flashcards, related links, additional resources and a feedback feature
To be eligible for the CTP exam, you must have two or more years of full-time professional experience in a career-based cash/treasury management or corporate finance-related position.
Note: If you have less than two years of professional experience, a graduate-level degree in finance, business or accountancy, or two years of full-time, university-level teaching in a finance-related topic is each equivalent to one year of work experience.
Visit AFP's Eligibility Requirements page for more information.
The summer 2017 CTP Examination testing window is June 1 – July 31, 2017. The early application deadline is March 17 and the final application deadline is April 21.