Institute for Human Resource Education
The Largest Producer of Certified HR Professionals in Texas
For more than a decade, Rice University has successfully helped HR professionals prepare for certification exams — with pass rates that have consistently exceeded the national average.
For Experienced HR Professionals
SHRM Recertification Courses
- The Art and Practice of Influencing Without Authority
- Core Knowledge, Business Management and Strategy
- Effective Public Speaking
- Strategic Tools for Managing Organizational Change
Fundamentals (no HR experience required)
The Future of HR is SHRM Certified
Rice University is proud to be one of SHRM’s exclusive premiere University partners to offer SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preparation courses.
The SHRM-CPSM and SHRM-SCPSM are among the first globally-recognized HR certifications that focus on teaching and testing the practical, real-life information HR professionals need to excel in their careers today, including knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies. The future of HR is SHRM certified.
Why Choose Rice?
- Largest producer of certified HR professionals in Texas
- Top 20 SHRM program provider
- Experienced, HR-certified instructors
- Affiliation with one of the world’s top universities
- Earn a Rice Certificate of Achievement
Earn Rice University's Certificate of Achievement
Participants who earn an 80 percent or higher on the online modules and post test for Essentials of HR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP will receive a Rice Certificate of Achievement.
Course Co-Sponsors: Society for Human Resource Management, HR Houston, Bay Area Human Resource Management Association (BAHRMA) and Montgomery County SHRM (MC-SHRM)
"Rice University is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.”
Online Information Session
The next information session will be on Wednesday, August 10 at noon, Central time.