Institute for Human Resource Education
Essentials of HR Management Certificate
Three Fridays, October 10, 24 and November 7, 2014, 8 a.m.-noon
Essentials Fee: $649
Note: Fee includes SHRM Essentials of HR Learning System
In today’s working world, managing any organization requires knowledge of the rules and regulations of human resource management. Ideal for anyone with management responsibilities as well as for those new to the HR field, this introductory course will cover the basics of hiring, paying, training and evaluating employees. Participants will gain a broad overview of human resource management.
Professional HR Development
The Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) certification demonstrates mastery of the technical and operational aspects of HR practices and U.S. laws and regulations. The credential is for the HR professional who focuses on program implementation, has a tactical/logistical orientation, is accountable to another HR professional within the organization and has responsibilities that focus on the HR department rather than the whole organization. Prepare for the PHR® exam and earn recertification credit for GPHRs.
Rice Campus: Six Saturdays, September 13, 27, October 11, 25, November 8 and 22, 2014, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Register for Rice Campus
Rice Campus: Twelve Tuesdays, September 16-December 2, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
Register for Rice Campus
PHR Fee: $1,245
CEUs: 3.6 Recertification Credit: 35 hours for GPHRs
Note: Fee includes SHRM Learning System. Visit our Online Programs page for more information.
Senior Professional HR Development
The Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification is recognized as a credential for those who have mastered the strategic and policy-making aspects of HR management in the United States. It is designed for the HR professional who plans, rather than implements, HR policy, focuses on the “big picture,” has ultimate accountability in the HR department, has breadth and depth of knowledge in all HR disciplines and understands the business beyond the HR function and influences the overall organization. Prepare for the SPHR® exam and earn recertification credit for GPHRs.
Global Professional HR Development
The Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®) is a globally relevant credential that is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of an HR professional who operates in a global marketplace. The credential demonstrates the mastery of cross-border HR responsibilities to include strategies of globalization, development of HR policies and initiatives that support organizational global growth and employer retention and creation of organizational programs, processes and tools that achieve worldwide business goals. Prepare for the GPHR® exam and earn recertification credit for PHRs and SPHRs.
Benefits of Attending
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most current principles and core practices of HR management
- Become more marketable when you compete for top HR positions
- Raise your professional confidence among your staff and peers
- Statistics show that individuals going through a structured university Learning System course consistently beat the HRCI national pass rate average
- May be able to earn recertification credit for PHRs, GPHRs and SPHRs
- Rice University is the largest producer of certified HR professionals in Texas
- Student pass rates in the Rice programs generally exceed the national average
- Rice’s Institute for Human Resource Education has been preparing HR professionals for success on the certification exams for more than 10 years
- Instructors are senior-level HR leaders, SPHR certified, and in some cases, GPHR certified. All have several years of experience instructing HR professionals
- Rice has strong ties with local SHRM organizations
Earn Rice University's Certificate of Achievement
For the PHR and GPHR programs, participants who score a 70 percent or better on all online module reviews and who score a minimum of 70 percent on the online final examination will receive a certificate of achievement with commensurate CEUs and recertification credits.
For the SPHR program, participants who earn at least a 70 on the online final exam will receive a certificate of achievement with commensurate CEUs and recertification credits.
For the Essentials of HR course, all registrants who score 70 percent or better on all online module reviews and final exam will receive a certificate of achievement.