Institute for Human Resource Education
Notice: Fall 2014 PHR, SPHR and GPHR classes are now closed. We will offer SHRM's two new credentials, SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ this spring. Registration will open soon.
Essentials of HR Management Certificate
Three Fridays, October 10, 24 and November 7, 2014, 8 a.m.-noon
Essentials Fee: $649
Note: Fee includes SHRM Essentials of HR Learning System
In today’s working world, managing any organization requires knowledge of the rules and regulations of human resource management. Ideal for anyone with management responsibilities as well as for those new to the HR field, this introductory course will cover the basics of hiring, paying, training and evaluating employees. Participants will gain a broad overview of human resource management.
PHR Ultimate Review
Friday, December 12 and Saturday, December 13, 2014, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fee: If registering by November 14: $390 After November 14: $460
Join us for a two-day intensive study course to serve as a final review before taking the PHR exam. Enter the PHR Exam with the confidence that comes from being thoroughly prepared, whether taking the PHR for the first time or retaking it. Participants will identify their weak areas of comprehension and focus on critical content for the exam and will also learn valuable test-taking tips and strategies to increase your chances of passing. This review course will help you maintain your focus as the PHR exam approaches.
Earn Two Designations for the Price of One
Take advantage of a unique opportunity to carry two designations for the price of one with SHRM's next-generation certifications – SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP. If you pass your PHR exam by January 31, 2015, you will be eligible to receive the new SHRM-CP credential free of charge. There's still time to prepare for the PHR certification exam by enrolling in our Ultimate PHR Review course. This course is for participants who have previously taken one of our Professional HR (PHR) Development courses and is not a substitute for one of our 12-week courses.
Note: If you do not pass your HRCI exam during the December 2014-January 2015 test window, and you purchased the current 2014 SHRM Learning System®, SHRM will provide the new 2015 SHRM Learning System® free of charge after you register for the new SHRM exam, held May-July 2015. You will not lose or have to give up any of your current credentials in order to obtain the new SHRM Certification. This is a win-win offer not to be missed.
Benefits of Attending
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most current principles and core practices of HR management
- Become more marketable when you compete for top HR positions
- Raise your professional confidence among your staff and peers
- Statistics show that individuals going through a structured university Learning System course consistently beat the HRCI national pass rate average
- Rice University is the largest producer of certified HR professionals in Texas
- Student pass rates in the Rice programs generally exceed the national average
- Rice’s Institute for Human Resource Education has been preparing HR professionals for success on the certification exams for more than 10 years
- Instructors are senior-level HR leaders, SPHR certified, and in some cases, GPHR certified. All have several years of experience instructing HR professionals
- Rice has strong ties with local SHRM organizations
Earn Rice University's Certificate of Achievement
For the PHR and GPHR programs, participants who score a 70 percent or better on all online module reviews and who score a minimum of 70 percent on the online final examination will receive a certificate of achievement with commensurate CEUs and recertification credits.
For the SPHR program, participants who earn at least a 70 on the online final exam will receive a certificate of achievement with commensurate CEUs and recertification credits.
For the Essentials of HR course, all registrants who score 70 percent or better on all online module reviews and final exam will receive a certificate of achievement.