Summer Institute for Teachers
July 16-19, 2018
In this weeklong institute, early childhood teachers rethink their reading and writing practices in light of new research trends. Join a community of teachers committed to thinking deeply about best literacy practices and bring home hundreds of classroom ideas. Participants in our Classroom Storytelling Project are encouraged to enroll in this Summer Institute, which reinforces and deepens the learning of the school-year sessions.
- Translating cutting edge reading and writing research into classroom practice
- Making the most of children’s storytelling, dictation, and dramatization
- Developing effective strategies for teaching alphabet and print knowledge, phonological awareness and other essential literacy skills
- Considering the big picture of early education: teacher/child relationships, self-regulation, socio-moral development and more
- Bridging the gap between childrens’ homes and school cultures.