Spring 2023 | Feb. 9-11, 2023
The Spring IB online workshops at Rice are designed for new and experienced IB teachers at the PYP, MYP, and DP and the CP levels who are interested in learning about the IB program and strategies and techniques for effectively teaching IB curriculum. Workshops are led by experienced IB workshop leaders who have a strong background in teaching and an interest in developing the IB teacher community through rigorous professional development.
Find Your Subject to Register
- Chinese B - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Creativity, activity, service - DP - Category 1
- Creativity, activity, service - DP - Category 2
- Developing your learning community - PYP - Category 3
- English A: Language and literature - DP - Category 1
- English A: Language and literature - DP - Category 2
- Environmental systems and societies - DP - Category 1 & 2
- IB Evidencing learning – PYP – Category 2
- Film - DP - Category 1 & 2
- French B - DP - Category 1
- French B - DP - Category 2
- German B - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Head of school - DP - Category 1
- Head of school - PYP - Category 1
- History - DP - Category 1
- History - DP - Category 2
- Language and literature - MYP - Category 1
- Librarians - DP+CP - Category 1 & 2
- Making the PYP happen: Implementing agency - PYP - Category 1
- Managing assessment: Leaders of learning - MYP - Category 3
- Managing the extended essay - DP - Category 3
- Mathematics: Applications and interpretation - DP - Category 1
- Mathematics: Applications and interpretation - DP - Category 2
- Psychology - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Spanish B - DP - Category 1
- Spanish B - DP - Category 2
- The personal project - MYP - Category 2
Participants will receive up to 15 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Attendance is taken each session. The hours on your certificate will reflect your actual hours of attendance. SBEC Continuing Professional Education Provider Number 500571.
Since 2006, the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies has been offering online courses designed to meet the needs of busy professionals around the world. Our experienced Online Learning support team will be providing student support services, as needed, to all Spring IB Workshop participants. All courses are being held online utilizing the Canvas Learning Management System and Zoom.
- Tuition & Registration
Fee Type Fee Deadline Early Registration $825 Until November 9, 2022 Standard Registration $875 November 10, 2022-January 25, 2023 Late Registration $925 After January 25, 2023
Prior to registering, please review the IB Workshops and Resources catalog to determine which category best meets your needs. Additionally, certain information provided during registration will be sent to the IB Organization.
Payments are accepted by credit card or purchase order. Registrations via credit card are confirmed immediately upon processing. Registrations made via PO are not considered confirmed until CCR receives the actual payment (check). If registering using a PO, payment (check) is due within 30 days of registration. Failure to submit timely payment may result in the cancellation of your registration.
Registrations are accepted with a credit card or purchase orders as a district/school commitment to pay, by check or credit card, within 30 days of registration. Once you complete your registration, you will have the option to print or email a copy of the invoice or forward it to your accounts payable department. Failure to submit timely payment may result in the cancellation of your registration. Registrations made less than 30 days from program start date can only be made using a credit card. The Center for College Readiness does not provide training unless payment (credit card or check) is received in advance.
Payments submitted via wire transfer, will incur an additional charge of $25.00 per participant in addition to the cost of registration, to cover the fees incurred by the university. Please send an email to email@example.com to request the information needed to transmit your wire payment.
Workshops are subject to change due to low enrollment or instructor cancellation.
The Rice University IB Workshops are not approved by TAGT for GT hours, but some districts will allow a limited number of hours to be applied for update hours. Please contact your district for specifics.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refunds for course cancellations received at least 30 days prior to the workshop start date are subject to a processing fee of 10% of the registration cost. No refunds are provided for nonattendance or cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the workshop start date. Registrations paid via credit card, and at least 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, may be cancelled by the participant. Registrations paid by check, and at least 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, may be cancelled by the participant but will require staff authorization. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We are unable to process cancellations over the phone.
All workshops will be hosted online Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 9-11, 2023, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. CT. Please see the breakdown of the daily course schedule. All times are based on Central Time (CT).
Thursday: 4 hours synchronous learning to be held between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Central Time (CT) with an additional 1.5 hours of asynchronous learning required (total 5.5 hours)
Friday: 4 hours of synchronous learning to be held between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Central Time (CT) with an additional 1.5 hours of asynchronous learning required (total 5.5 hours)
Saturday: 4 hours of synchronous learning to be held between 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Central Time (CT) (no asynchronous required)
The sum total of 15 hours online professional development will include 12 hours of synchronous and 3 hours of asynchronous learning.
If a course is full, you will have the option of getting on a waiting list. If a spot should become available, an auto-generated email will be sent out to the participants in the order they are listed on the waiting list, with instructions for completing registration for that specific course. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 713-348-6031.
To have a positive learning experience, you will need the following:
- Reliable internet access
- Chrome internet browser (very important, only exception is if you are using an iPad, use Safari)
- Headset with microphone, or a computer with a built-in microphone
- Camera (so you can be visible online)
Please refer to our Frequently Ask Questions page for information regarding cancellations, changes, substitutions, wait lists, etc.