Fall 2021 | Oct. 9-12
The Fall IB workshops at Rice are designed for new and experienced IB teachers at the PYP, MYP, and DP levels who are interested in learning about the IB program and strategies and techniques for effectively teaching IB curriculum. Workshops are led by experienced IB workshop leaders who have a strong background in teaching and an interest in developing the IB teacher community through rigorous professional development.
- Counseling - DP - Category 1
- Counseling - DP - Category 2
- Digital citizenship - PYP - Category 3
- Economics - DP - Category 1 & 2
- English A: Literature - DP - Category 1
- English A: Literature - DP - Category 2
- Film – DP – Category 1 & 2
- Geography - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Head of school - DP – Category 1
- Inquiry in the MYP – MYP – Category 3
- Interdisciplinary teaching and learning in the MYP – MYP – Category 2
- Language Ab Initio (generic) - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Leading the learning - DP - Category 1
- Leading the learning - DP - Category 2
- Leading the learning - MYP - Category 1
- Leading the learning - PYP - Category 1
- Leading the learning - PYP - Category 2
- Mathematics: Analysis and approaches - DP - Category 1
- Mathematics: Analysis and approaches - DP - Category 2
- Mathematics – MYP – Category 1
- Music - DP - Category 1
- Music - DP - Category 2
- Psychology - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Theory of knowledge - DP - Category 1
- Theory of knowledge DP - Category 2
- Visual arts - DP - Category 1 & 2
- Your exhibition - PYP - Category 2
Participants will receive up to 15 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Attendance is taken each session. The hours on your certificate will reflect your actual hours of attendance. SBEC Continuing Professional Education Provider Number 500571.
Since 2006, the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies has been offering online courses designed to meet the needs of busy professionals around the world. Our experienced Online Learning support team will be providing student support services, as needed, to all Fall IB Workshop participants.
- Tuition & Registration
Fee Type Fee Deadline Early Registration $775 Until July 9, 2021 Standard Registration $825 July 10 - September 24, 2021 Late Registration $875 After September 24, 2021
Payments are accepted by credit card or purchase order. Registrations via credit card are confirmed immediately upon processing. Registrations made via PO are not considered confirmed until CCR receives the actual payment (check). If registering using a PO, payment (check) is due within 30 days of registration. Failure to submit timely payment may result in the cancellation of your registration.
Registrations are accepted with a credit card or purchase orders as a district/school commitment to pay, by check or credit card, within 30 days of registration. Once you complete your registration, you will have the option to print or email a copy of the invoice or forward it to your accounts payable department. Failure to submit timely payment may result in the cancellation of your registration. Registrations made less than 30 days from program start date can only be made using a credit card. The Center for College Readiness does not provide training unless payment (credit card or check) is received in advance.
Please note there is an additional charge of $25.00 per participant in addition to their registration to cover the costs of fees incurred by the university for wire transfers.
Workshops are subject to change due to low enrollment or instructor cancellation.
The Rice University IB Workshops are not approved by TAGT for GT hours, but some districts will allow a limited number of hours to be applied for update hours. Please contact your district for specifics.
If a course is full, you will have the option of getting on a waiting list. If a spot should become available, an auto-generated email will be sent out to the participants in the order they are listed on the waiting list, with instructions for completing registration for that specific course. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have a positive learning experience, you will need the following:
- Reliable internet access
- Chrome internet browser (very important, only exception is if you are using an iPad, use Safari)
- Headset with microphone, or a computer with a built-in microphone.
- Camera (so you can be visible online)
Please refer to our Frequently Ask Questions page for information regarding cancellations, changes, substitutions, wait lists, etc.